Monday, October 17, 2011

No Blues at the Blue Lake 5K

The Fall season felt fine, it was slightly overcast Saturday with a good chance of running fast.

Gimpy's discovered that the Blue Lake 5K course is a great flat and fast course for newbies and experienced runners alike.  The RD's and volunteers really take good care of the runners young and old; before, during, and after the run with Subway sandwiches, assorted cookies, soda, milk, and award ribbons for most runners.  All Gimpy needed was a good nap to complete another awesome running experience.

This was my second time running the Blue Lake 5K course and I made some solid improvements from last year.  There's still more running this year, Autumn Leaves 50M is a few weeks away, but this has been such a good year for me, I'm taking a moment to enjoy the progress made since last year especially for my 5K run time, currently this is a PR for me, and I'm quite happy with the progress so far.

http://resultsdb.com/course_results.aspx?course_code=BL5K&firstname=Roger&lastname=Mckayjr

I would be remiss if I didn't plug the coaching support I got from Coach "Spike" Rosling.
Thanks Mike, Help Gimpy run faster => Check => Mission accomplished:

Near the Finish

Pain Train at Monument Peak

<=I can't say my running attire was in the best form, I probably need to consult a fashion guru like Pain Train aka "The Scrambler", before my next run. ==>

Very nice legs there William!!!  I believe I'm having a jealous moment.





A friend of mine, Derek Sterling, also ran this year.  This was Derek's first race since his Army days and I think he did a great job for someone just getting back into running after a long break.  Derek's been running with me over the last couple of weeks and really made some good improvements towards his health and run times.


  Thanks to Kelly Barton and Marianne for the race photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment