Monday, June 6, 2011

McDonald Forest 50K - May 14, 2011

McDonald Forest 50K is now on my list of todo's for next year (2012).  Here's a couple reasons.
 

1) It's almost in my backyard (within 15 miles) from Albany and Gimpy trains here most of the year and it's hard for Gimpy to get lost, at least from Peavy Arboretum to Lewisburg Saddle. I hear the maze is a different story, better get more flour on the course in 2012.

2) Mike "Coach Spike" Rosling says gotta run this one in 2012!

3) William "Pain Train" Swint says better toe the line or !!!

4) The pics don't lie, these guys are having fun, therefore running 50K in Mac forest must be fun:

A little chit chat with Max King (far right) before the race
Gene and I had a little fun too.
Eric, near a different finish line!
Queue the cow bell! and the train whistle!
 
William "Pain Train" and "Spike" Rosling savoring the finish - Awesome!!!

I think Eric Jensen's photos on William's blog capture some of the mid-race atmosphere, so I won't repost similar images here.  Overall watching these two guys run along with spectating with Eric and Gene have me thinking hard about signing up for McDonald Forest next year.

Bring on the bell...Clang! Clang! and train whistle...toot! toot!

Let's go Gimpy, time to run!


1 comment:

  1. Great stuff and really fun reading. All of it. Here's to a great PCT finish and sub 12 hours. You go under 12, and the lunch is on me. Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to hit the trails with you. The Infirmary

    ReplyDelete