Monday, December 26, 2011

Mary's Peak Trail Run - Day after Christmas Gift

Thought I'd post a couple of photo's from today's day after Christmas run with Eric Jensen and Mike Rosling up Mary's Peak.  This was a good run for me, especially at this time of year.  I feel like I'm a little ahead of where I was last year for training miles, but I was definitely feeling the quads after I got done with this run.  Of course, Eric and Mike beat me back to the truck.

I wished we could have got Gene and William up the trail too.  I'm sure William and Mike will be doing a double or triple sometime soon.  Gene the trail is looking good, lots of roots, rocks, and well a bit foggy, but still got some good views in near the top.

Eric and Mike leaving me in the dust (Snow)  - Dec 26, 2011

Coach Rosling (#1 to top of Mary's Peak - Dec 26, 2011)
The final time for me was something like 3 hours and 16 minutes up and back to the North Ridge Trail Head Parking area.  I couldn't find my time from May 2011, but there was a lot of snow back then and we didn't do nearly this many miles.  So this is my new bench mark to beat next time.  Maybe a Mary's Peak Double in 2012.

Gimpy (#2 to top of Mary's Peak - Dec. 26, 2011)

Thanks Eric and Mike, fun run...

Hope we get back up there soon...

6 comments:

  1. Yes Roger... That was fun. You always know when you've had a good run when you get back to the start and are just "done," or at least asking the question... could I do more? You and I will do a double one day. I almost think it to be more impressive then a 50k. Mary's is tough. Coach is not cupcake... That boy can run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary's Peak ain't no treadmill... via "Super Fast."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that! Eric you made it up there already early in your training and that's impressive. I also noticed you and Mike have the same stride length on the trail up, you got some potential my friend. I don't think either of you are cupcake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I could've joined you guys. Soon hopefully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good stuff Roger... The only bummer was that Mike was carrying a touch pad and watching a dang college bowl game all the way up the trail... and to top if off, he stopped to have a beer and fries. Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And to William... I have a feeling you will be driving this rig soon. You're a badass.

    ReplyDelete